A lot has been happening at RHD TIRE and in the Dealerships the past 2 months, and I have finally found a moment of peace to sit down and write a little bit about it.
Let’s start with September…
September was a tough month to sell tires in Ford Dealerships, specifically, with no Ford tire rebates having been offered, so I feel September’s winners deserve a lot of recognition and credit!
The September’s results were as follows:
Collectively the 5 of them sold almost 900 tires! Which is absolutely amazing! Not only is their effort and hard work shown through their sales numbers but it is energetically felt and conveyed through their innate ability to give great customer service to every customer, every time!
While all of them are unique individuals, all 5 of them share these common attributes, qualities, and knowledge:
- They are always happy, smiling, courteous, and professional!
- They have all completed various Tire Manufacturer training blocks. (Goodyear, Michelin, Bridgestone, etc).
- All of them are Goodyear Rewards Plus Certified… So we should be seeing many of them in a new Goodyear Tire Champion coat very soon!
- All of them have attended at least 1 off-site RHD TIRE training course this year.
- Many of them have attended Drive and Learns.
- Several of them have provided their best tire selling practices in previous interviews (click on their names above to read those posts).
- They put forth a tremendous amount of effort to take care of their customers.
- They understand the added value of selling tires.
- All of them have an established customer base and therefore they have loyal, repeat customers.
- They are customer retention experts… (whether they realize it or not)!!
- And lastly, they participate in our blog contests month after month… so they are consistently tracking and measuring their tire sales monthly. They know what they are capable of and what it will take to achieve larger goals.
Again great job Chris D., Chris L., Felicia, Alex, and Brittney… thank you for all that you do!
I also want to recap October (just a tad) and say thank you to Bridgestone Tire for sending Chris Welty and Chris Lupien to Michigan and putting on an amazing training course! Also, thank you to all of the attendees for your undivided attention and time. We know it is not easy to take time away from your Dealerships and we greatly appreciate your attendance.
For those of you who missed the training course, it was a 3-hour training block titled “Good to Great Customer Service Skills”! This course was RHD Tire’s final off-site training offering for 2017… But rest assured more training will be offered in 2018! The Good to Great CS course was held at the Rust Belt Market in Ferndale. I want to acknowledge and thank the Rust Belt Market for the use of the beautiful space and help on the set-up! -Side note… The Rust Belt Market would make for a great location for any Parts and Service Club meetings/ events.
Just as the course name states Chris Welty covered many topics to help take your customer service from Good to GREAT! The training was based on Ritz-Carlton’s Customer Service teachings and practices, as well as Zingerman’s ZingTrain Customer Service recommendations. Everyone left with new information, different perspectives and ways to think about customer service, and of course tips on how to improve customer service. RHD Tire will bring this course back in early 2018, as well as several other courses presented by Chris Welty of Bridgestone Tire, so please be on the lookout for that information.
I am not sure if anyone else in attendance purchased the book Chris recommended and referenced called “Zingerman’s Guide to Giving Great Service“, but I did purchase and download it (that day) in my Audible app and have listened to it twice already. It is a great book, very helpful, and I highly recommend it… so much so, I purchased a hard copy to carry with me and reference as needed. It is an easy read packed with tons of useful insight and information!
If anyone reading this post is in need of tire training, sales training, and or customer service training, please reach out to your local RHD TIRE location and or Sales Rep! We are gearing up for another amazing year in tires and are fully staffed to help support you and your Dealership in any way that you need.